- College / University / Community College
Celebrating over 100 years of service, Citrus College is located in Glendora in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, approximately twenty-five miles northeast of metropolitan Los Angeles. The college has the distinction of being the oldest community college in Los Angeles County and the fifth oldest in the state.
Citrus College was founded in 1915 under the leadership of Dr. Floyd S. Hayden, who helped bring the community college movement to California. From 1915 to 1961, the college was operated by the Citrus Union High School District. In July 1961, the Citrus Community College District was created to include the Azusa and Glendora unified school districts. In 1967, the district expanded to include the Claremont, Duarte and Monrovia school districts.
Today, Citrus College occupies a 104-acre campus. The college is currently experiencing a major facilities expansion project that will change the look of the campus.
The college enrolled 27 students in 1915 and currently the college serves more than 11,000 students.
Classes are offered on a 16-week calendar (fall and spring semesters), as well as in a variety of non-traditional scheduling options -- six-week winter intersession, evenings, late start and early end, summer sessions, and optional class formats, such as distance education online courses and distance education integrated classes.
NewsRelease Date: June 22, 2018
Whom to Contact
- Christina M GarciaFoundation DirectorPhone: (626) 914-8825 ext: 8826Fax: 626-914-8707
- Dr. Kathryn Jameson-MeledyDirector, Institute for Completion1000 W. Foothill Blvd.Director, Institute for CompletionGlendora, CA 91741Phone: (626) 963-0323Fax: 626-914-8707
- Christine LinkExecutive Assistant to Dr. Perri1000 W. Foothill Blvd.Glendora, CA 91741Phone: (626) 963-0323Fax: 626-914-8707
- Geraldine M. Perri, Ph.D.Superintendent/PresidentPhone: (626) 963-0323Fax: 626-914-8707
- Tara RoyCareer Pathways Specialist & CTE1000 W. Foothill Blvd.Glendora, CA 91741Phone: (626) 914-8700Fax: 626-914-8707